pinterest verification

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Micro-mini. Step six. Inside completed!

Yes! I've completed the inside of my micro-mini house! And I really like it. Much more than all my previous projects. I intentionally do not use 1:144 anymore. I have to agree: the house is less. Perhaps even significantly less. But we'll return to this question by the end of the post. Now, let's look at the pics, shall we? :)
Overall view:
 There are framed butterflies on the wall.
 I've tried to get the focus on the chest of drawers and the flower here, but it's really hard.
 The second floor is easily removable. When one takes it out he discovers baskets of fabric and threads.
 This one is a "surprise basket" - it's completely hidden by the chest when you look from the front
 About this item. At first I have made the "big" one. That's a good old chest with some cloth and threads and knitting needles. Eventually it appeared to be too big for the house (I suppose it's the right 1:144 scale), so I've made another one, much more suitable. However, it's so small (about 2x2x3 mm that I couldn't get the camera to take a bigger picture)
 You just have to believe me: the one in the house is exactly the same as "big" one here:
 It's actually breathtaking for me to hold the whole house in my hand (in my fingers even!) :) I suppose  I'll react much calmer on my future projects:))
 And now for the scale. I've calculated that the average person in 1:144 scale shall be 12 mm tall. To live comfortable in my house the person shall be 9 mm tall (The bed is 10 mm), the ceiling height on the 1st floor is 15 mm, on the second - 13 mm.
So, who's good at math or has experience with scaling things?) which scale does it give us?)

21 comments:

  1. The surprise basket is such a great idea! Congrats on finishing this lovely project. And about scale - I wouldn't care as long as everything looks good together... ;O)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that i'm worried about that:) i'm just really curious:)

      Delete
  2. Привет! Домик чудо!!!! И так быстро!!!!!!Ваууууу

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. в нем еще работы и работы) сад, двор, крыша и стены снаружи... :)) На самом деле не так и быстро - просто сейчас куча времени пока есть - часов по 5-6 в день выходит

      Delete
  3. Congratulations whit the finished project. It is impressive well made.
    When I make boxes, the smallest is 1x1 cm, I do not dare to think about having to make your chest. So well done.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wyrna! though the project is not finished at all: there is still quite a lot to do on the outside of the house :))

      Delete
  4. It's a masterpice! Very tiny, but everything is perfect.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Дашь, я поражена! Просто сижу и слов нет... Здорово!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Потрясающе! Весь дом на ладошке! Дарья, респект!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so great! It is so incredibly cute! As the little knitting basket, chest of drawers, the chair, the carpet, yes even the chair looks like in reality. I like everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Потрясающе! Домик замечательный.!
    Большая работа, Дарья!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a stunning piece! I love the upstairs display as much as the downstairs. Bravo!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your tiny house is amazing. So many wonderful details in such tiny scale. Congratulations on your house.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Complimenti per la casa che hai realizzato, mi piace molto e deve essere stato un lavoro di tanta pazienza!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daria, your tiny house is a beauty, it is such fantastic work!
    About the scale: well, I don't know, but don't worry about that :D!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate maths, so all my things are a bit out of scale ;) So I cant help you with the scale =)
    I love this house! So well made!! I'm out of words, its so cute and great! Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I know how to count 1:12 scale, if something is 200cm in real life you divide it with 12 and get the size in 1:12 scale, so if a person is 170cm and in your scale it is 0.9 it should be 170/0.9= 188,9 approximately 189 scale then =) Am I right?? Like I said, I don't like to count.. (but I cheated with a calculator this time) =)

      Delete
    2. Thx, Hannah, that sounds about right :)

      Delete
  14. Вау, молодец! Изысканный дом!Я подписала на ваш блог, Вы можете ли подписаться на мой блог? :)

    http://fashionfeminine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! I love it! I have been wanting to work in micro-scale for some time now...you have inspired me!!! Thanks for sharing this! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^) now, as I do more micro-scale things, I believe it is really not that hard. It just requires patience and practice ))

      Delete