pinterest verification

Saturday, February 23, 2013

bakery outside

The week of meaningless attempts to construct the roof has passed and I am ready to show something :)
The roof was not easy for me at all. Apparantly I forgot everything about math and geometry and constructing it was pure nightmare for me. The detailes were always wrong and they didn't pass to one another. My husband showd me how to calculate the sides and angles, but it was still in vain: somehow I managed to get it all wrong :(
At last I desided to go with a simplier version - a roof that has only two "tiled" sides and two supportive.  
I cut the small boards for supportive sides out of my favourite wooden rulers. The tiles and bricks for the bottom are made from clay that dries on air. It's the most cheap one. It was very light (terracotta), so I painted them with acrylic paints. After all was finished I sealed it with building varnish (I'm not sure I translate it right).
I must say couple of words about bricks. I've read the tutorial on making bricks in the blog of a great miniaturist Karin Corbin.here She describes the way to make bricks that would look just like real ones. However, I didn't go that far and wasn't paying too much attention to the real-life look - the whole this project is much more like a toy with the colors that are too bright and the inside and outside that is too "dolly" . Anyway I quite like the result and hope I can finish the whole project this week, before my daughter arrives. Here are some photos that can give you a closer look:


Теперь немного по-русски:)
С крышей я промучилась неделю. Выяснилось, что 2 года учебы в физ-мат школе прошли-таки даром - геометрия забыта прочно и навсегда. Я даже расстроилась. Самостоятельно - я просидела безуспешно пару часов и изрезала кучу картона. Потом муж написал мне программку, которая рассчитывает длину сторон крыши. не помогло. Я не знаю в чем тут дело - в общей криворукости или нехватке мозгов?... пришлось упростить крышу до варианта двухскатной. (изначально хотела 4х скатную).
Досочки для задника вырезала из любимых линеек.
Что касается кирпичей и черепицы - я купила какуюто простую детскую пасту-затвердевайку за 70 рублей и наделала из нее всей этой радости. цвет у нее конечно не ахти - светлый, терракотовый. Так что красила акрилом. Прочитала туториал у Карин Корбин. Мне вот интересно можно без спроса автора ссылки ставить на чужие блоги? что говорит об этом блогоэтика?
Туториал тут конечно очень профессиональный. Его интересно почитать и запомнить для серьезной работы. Но, поскольку румбоксик у меня ну очень кукольный и гипертрофированно красочный то и за реализмом я не гналась. В целом, то, что получилось - мне понравилось. Теперь большая работа почти вся закончена (осталось потолок со светильником), и можно заняться мелкими приятными деталями.

No comments:

Post a Comment